Behringer XR4400 multigate
A gate can be compared to an electronically-controlled valve for volume. When the volume falls under a particular threshold, the gate closes, and if it goes above a certain value, the gate opens. In practice, this means that light noise, humming and handling noises are kept to a minimum when the recording device is not in use.
Furthermore, there's also an extender for each channel built into the device, which is responsible for boosting peaks in the music and dampening softer passages, to offer the best dynamics possible for your sound. This also makes it possible to alleviate noise in softer passages, so it's not as noticeable, while the peaks are properly transmitted at a loud volume.
The XR4400 can easily be built into a 19-inch rack and only takes up 1 U, making it the ideal addition to a processing rack.
- 19-inch rack size 1U
- Number of channels 4
- Stereo function yes
- Type of dynamic processor not specified
Weight and dimensions including packaging
- Weight (incl. packaging) 3.1 kg
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 53.0 x 30.0 x 11.0 cm
- 7 separate expander/gate circuits
- compressed noise
- boosts peaks for perfect dynamics
- mutes channels with signals under the set threshold
- IRC expander/UTR gate circuits
- short attack time