Sony Catalyst Prepare software for video management download
Wouldn’t it be great if all digital cameras rendered the same results? If only we were so lucky. Unfortunately, different cameras yield different colours, resolutions, frame rates and even different file formats. This download edition of Sony’s Catalyst Prepare software can help you out with that, though. The video management software has been designed to create order from format chaos, allowing you - or a hired editor - to edit at leisure.
Characteristics of the Sony Catalyst Prepare video management software download
In essence, Sony’s Catalyst Prepare is conversion software, but the package can do much more than just that. You start off by importing the files from your cameras - you can use various cameras from different brands, such as Sony, GoPro and Canon. Next, you can make some non-destructive colour adjustments and divide the clips into folders. The latter step is particularly useful if you’re working on large productions with thousands of shots. The Catalyst Prepare software also allows you to mark in and out points, making a visible clapperboard redundant.
Are you completely satisfied with the media clips you’ve created? Time to export them! Catalyst Prepare enables you to export files, groups of files or storyboards and to render to .MP4, DPX, OpenEXR, ProRes or XAVC. You have a choice of various frame rates and resolutions, including HD and 4K. Uploading to Ci - Sony’s Cloud service - is also a possibility. Basically, Sony Catalyst Prepare allows you to prepare your media clips for the editing process. That way you can fully focus on the creative side of film editing.
Tips or comments about this product
- Please note: this product is a download. After your purchase has been completed, you will receive an email with further instructions.
- This product is a download. After completing your purchase, you'll receive a packing slip via e-mail which includes the download code and download link.
- It can sometimes take a little while for the packing slip to reach you. Please make sure to check your spam or junk folder.
- Download products sent by e-mail cannot be returned.
- 3D (stereoscopic) no
- Suitable for operating system Apple OSX / Mac OS, Microsoft Windows
Weight and dimensions including packaging
- Weight (incl. packaging) 500 gr
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 cm
- media clip (video) manager
- download edition
- imports media from high-end cameras (such as Sony, Canon, GoPro)
- effortlessly divide clips into categories
- adjustable colour balance (non-destructive)
- mark in and out points
- determine zooming
- export to various formats, resolutions (including HD and 4K) and frame rates
- universal interface for PC and Mac
- supports the Ci, Sony’s cloud service
- easy to use
- particularly suitable for large productions, such as films and documentaries
- can be installed on 2 computers, and used on one at a time
- OS: Windows 7, 8.1 (64-bit), Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
- CPU: 2 GHz (multicore/multiprocessor recommended for HD, eight cores for 4K)
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB recommended, 16 GB for 4K)
- free disk space for installation: 500 MB
- SSD or Raid recommended for 4K
- video chip: NVIDIA, AMD/ATI or Intel GPU with 512 MB and OpenGL 2.1 and OpenCL 1.1 support, or a CPU with SSE 4.2
- internet connection for product registration and activation