Magic FX PsyCO2JET CO2 shooter
The name PsyCO2JET is a pretty appropriate name for this product. This motorised version of the traditional CO2 jet makes programming new and creative CO2 effects possible thanks to a DMX-operable motor and an electro-magnetic CO2 valve. The static, cool clouds of smoke that a CO2 jet would normally produce are transformed into dynamic white plumes that you're sure to see at all the major music festivals this year. The PsyCO2JET is the ultimate way to add awesome effects to your live show.
How the PsyCO2JET works
The PsyCO2JET is essentially a weapon in the war against boring festivals and events. Conventional CO2 jets offer limited options for setting up, meaning you can only really determine the angle of the fixture, and that's it. With the PsyCO2JET, though, you only need to put the unit on the floor and determine the dispersion angle. Then, with a maximum speed of 220 BPM (almost 4 Hz), the ultra-fast head of this unit will start moving from side to side to create incredible cryogenic effects. The PsyCO2JET works by means of a CO2 tank with a dip pipe that enables CO2 to enter the fixture via a flexible high-pressure hose. These accessories are not included, incidentally.
Setting up and operation
The PsyCO2JET can be easily operated via 4 DMX channels. A safety and activation channel ensure the device can never be unlocked and fired unintentionally. The other two channels determine the opening angle and speed of movement. When you unlock the safety channel, warning LEDs will start flashing on and off to indicate that the unit is working, and about to do something. The PsyCO2JET is easy to place on stage and can be mounted with stage connectors. It's been prepared for clamps and couplers, so you can even mount it in a truss construction. With its integrated handles and metal housing, the PsyCO2JET is road-ready!
Tips or comments about this product
- Please note: CO2 not included.
This product comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Weight (incl. packaging) 8.0 kg
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 40.0 x 30.0 x 20.0 cm
- motorised CO2 jet
- built-in motor with 180-degree range
- speed of movement: up to 220 BPM
- works on liquid CO2 (not included)
- CO2 tanks with dip pipe to be connected via CO2 hose connector
- CO2 usage: approx. 1 kg per second
- DMX-512A and RDM-operable via 4 channels (angle, speed, safety, activation)
- range: up to 8 metres, depending on air humidity
- multifunctional OLED configuration display
- warning LED light indicators
- DMX connector via 5-pin Neutrik XLR connectors
- compact metal housing
- can be mounted directly to stage
- prepared for truss clamps
- power consumption: 115 W
- mains voltage: 100-250 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- power connector: Neutrik PowerCON True1
- dimensions: 330 x 250 x 165 mm
- weight: 6.7 kg
The magic of MagicFX is that the brand knows how to surprise year in, year out, with a range of innovative, high-quality products. This year at the Prolight + Sound show, the well-known Dutch company has pulled a few tricks out of its hat once again. One particularly remarkable trick is the Bubblbastard: a fascinating combination of a bubble-maker and smoke machine. And how about the Confetti Pistol, the super-fast PsyCO2JET and the amazingly powerful Stadium Blaster?Read more...