American DJ MyDMX Buddy DMX interface and software
If you're considering the transition to computerised DMX control of your light effects, but aren't prepared to break the bank yet, American DJ's MyDMX Buddy is definitely worth your attention. This compact USB-to-DMX converter comes with special MyDMX 2.0 software, a light edition that puts you in control of 256 DMX channels, be it without MIDI control or a visualizer. American DJ offers various expansion packs for the software, however, so you can always decide to upgrade at a later time.
MyDMX 2.0 overview
This software package is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers, and allows you to create and program an entire light show. Simply select the right fixtures from the extensive fixture library, and use the drag & drop effects generator. The latter combines the effects you choose with the selected fixtures, making it easy to create spectacular light shows at the drop of a hat. It's also possible to use the MyDMX Buddy in stand-alone mode; import your light show into the converter and you won't even need a computer. This option certainly comes in handy of you're creating a basic setup for uplighting purposes, for instance. The stand-alone mode plays back pre-programmed steps that were created via MyDMX 2. Take note, however, that in practice this option is only viable for static or basic lighting applications (think of coloured lighting for a wedding venue, for instance, or intelligent lighting for convention stands). If you need more control over the playback speed of your customised programs (and want to be able to take live action), you'll need a computer.
Tips or comments about this product
- Tip: drivers for the myDMX Buddy can be downloaded here under the header Downloads.
Gewicht en afmetingen inclusief verpakking
- Weight (incl. packaging) 100 gr
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 3.0 x 3.0 x 3.0 cm
- DMX interface with software
- USB-to-DMX converter
- number of DMX channels: 256
- upgrades available at DMXsoft (3D visualizer, Easy Remote, Midi-Control and more)
- built-in fixture library with over 10,000 fixtures from more than 500 manufacturers
- compatible with Mac OS and Windows
- Windows 32 & 64-bit support (XP, Vista, 7 & 8)
- stand-alone functionality
- dimensions: 75 x 18 mm