Magic FX Stageburner fire dish
Have you seen that imitation flame effect which is nothing more than a fan with a piece of silk attached to it? Well, this is the real deal. MagicFX's Stageburner is a fire dish that can produce a 1-metre-high flame by means of a propane tank, which can be placed out of sight. Using just 0.05 kg of propane per minute, this effect will generate an active flame for a longer period of time, until the tank is completely empty (as opposed to CO2, where every second counts). In other words, this is a long-lasting, atmospheric effect, not a short, explosive effect, like a flame-thrower. By using the standard 3/8-inch BSPP LH connector, you can connect just about any tank directly to the unit.
What about safety?
As with all special effects that carry a certain risk, it is vital to handle products like this with care and take all the necessary safety precautions. MagicFX has ensured that their products can be used safely and securely. It has a built-in tilt and temperature sensor in case the unit is at an incline, or becomes too hot. In either situation, it will not generate a flame. The Stageburner is DMX-operable and can be activated via the DMX safety channel.
Construction and features
The Stageburner is a robust metal dish construction of 70 cm in diameter. The necessary electronics are located in the base, as well as an OLED configuration display where you can, among other things, establish the DMX address. Use the 5-pin Neutrik XLR connectors to establish a DMX connection and the Neutrik PowerCON True1 to plug into to the mains.
Tips or comments about this product
- Please note: fluid and hoses are not included.
This product comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Weight (incl. packaging) 30.0 kg
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 80.0 x 80.0 x 30.0 cm
- fire dish
- 70cm in diameter
- generates a flame of max. 1 metre high
- built-in tilt and temperature sensor
- conform to GAD (Gas Appliance Directive)
- double valves
- burner controller on inside
- 3/8" BSPP LH connection for propane tanks (tanks and hose not included)
- usage: 0.05 kg per min.
- DMX-512A and RDM-operable via 12 DMS channels (safety and activation)
- multifunctional OLED configuration display
- warning LED light indicators
- DMX connector via 5-pin Neutrik XLR connectors
- rugged metal housing
- prepared for truss clamps
- power consumption: 50 W
- mains voltage: 100-250 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- power connector: Neutrik PowerCON True1
- dimensions: 700 x 700 x 230 mm
- weight: 25 kg
The magic of MagicFX is that the brand knows how to surprise year in, year out, with a range of innovative, high-quality products. This year at the Prolight + Sound show, the well-known Dutch company has pulled a few tricks out of its hat once again. One particularly remarkable trick is the Bubblbastard: a fascinating combination of a bubble-maker and smoke machine. And how about the Confetti Pistol, the super-fast PsyCO2JET and the amazingly powerful Stadium Blaster?Read more...