Apple MD878N/A Mac Pro 6-core desktop computer
After years of development, the super-fast Mac Pro is Apple’s answer for professionals. The design and the components of this computer have all been improved in comparison to the previous Mac Pro, resulting in a compact desktop computer with unmatched processing power and the best expansion possibilities ever. With such incredible features, the Mac Pro lives up to the high standards of professionals and is bound to be found in studios across the globe.
Mac Pro 6-core: Thermal core
The entire computer is built around a thermal core made of one piece of pressed aluminium, which maximises the air flow and the thermal capacity. That means that multiple heatsinks and fans for cooling down the processor and graphics cards are no longer necessary. Around the thermal core, you’ll find a 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor with 16 GB of DDR3 memory and 256 GB of PCIe flash memory. This method of saving is an impressive 60% faster than a Solid State Drive. Furthermore, the two AMD FirePro D500 video cards both offer enough computing power for editing 4K video with full resolution while simultaneously rendering the background effects.
Gobs of computing power is great, but optimal integration with your setup is a definite must. That’s why the Mac Pro is equipped with a number of I/O ports so you can connect all your external hardware. On the front you’ll find four USB 3.0 connectors, two Gigabyte Ethernet ports and an HDMI connector. For the vast majority of connections, however, you have six Thunderbolt 2 connectors at your disposal. You can connect a total of six Thunderbolt devices to each port, including external screens, RAID arrays, video recording devices and sound cards. You can also connect your FireWire devices via a separately available adapter.
Tips or comments about this product
- Please note: the screens in the photos serve illustrative purposes only and are not included.
This product comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Weight (incl. packaging) 6.0 kg
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 40.0 x 26.0 x 25.0 cm
- Type of keyboard QWERTY
- desktop computer
- for the professional
- assembled in the United States of America
- processor: 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5-processor with 12 MB L3 cache
- Turbo Boost up to 3.9 GHz
- memory: 16 GB (4x 4 GB) 1866-MHz DDR3 ECC memory (60 GB/s)
- graphics card: 2x AMD FirePro D500 graphics processors, each with 3 GB GDDR5 VRAM
- data memory: 256 GB PCIe flash memory
- cooling via uniform thermal core
- compact design
- audio output: 3.5mm jack connector (can be used optically and as analogue)
- headphone connector: TRRS mini-jack
- built-in speaker
- USB 3.0 port: 4x
- Thunderbolt 2 ports: 6x
- HDMI 1.4 connector
- Ethernet port: Gigabyte, 2x
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ac
- Bluetooth 4.0
- operating system: OS X Mavericks
- includes iLife ‘13
- height: 251 mm
- diameter: 167mm
- weight: 5 kg
- Mac Pro
- Power cable