Elation Platinum Spot 5R moving head
This product comes with a 3-year warranty.
This moving head has a maximum power consumption of 305 watts and a light yield of 7,950 lux. It's only half the size of a 575W moving head, and its 160W lamp produces twice the light output of an average 250W moving head. Elation have dubbed this fine specimen the Platinum Spot 5R. It uses the Philips MSD platinum 5R lamp, which achieves a light output of 7,950 lux, with 160 watts of power. If you stand 5 metres further away, 3,462 lux will still reach you, making the Elation Platinum Spot ideal for larger events where you would otherwise need a 575W moving head.
Even though the Platinum Spot 5R is highly compact, it has extensive features. It's half as small as a 575W moving head and a third smaller than a 250W moving head. Furthermore, it weighs only 13 kilos, even though it achieves the same effects as its much heavier counterparts! Elation's Hybrid Technology uses a variable frost filter to ensure that the moving head can be used as a spotlight as well as a wash! This way, you're killing two birds with one stone, and you'll be able to use the Platinum 5R for a variety of applications.
Independent colour and gobo wheels are also provided on the Platinum 5R. This professional moving head offers a lot more, however, no fewer than 22 gobos are at your disposal! Eight of these can be rotated and fourteen are fixed, whereby you can replace the rotating gobos yourself. The colour wheel is fitted with eight dichroic colours, with a colour temperature of approximately 8,000° K. Especially the red colour of this fixture has been improved to proper scarlet. Other effects of this Platinum Spot 5R are provided by the 3-faceted prism, motorised iris and focus, mechanical dimmer and the shutter/strobe with a variable speed. In short: with this Platinum Spot 5R by Elation, you are getting your hands on a professional versatile product!
- Weight (incl. packaging) 13.0 kg
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 36.0 x 34.0 x 45.0 cm
- professional moving head with the light yield of a 575W moving head
- Philips MSD platinum 5R lamp 160W
- light yield: 7,950 lux
- light yield @ 5 m: 3,462 lux
- colour temperature: 8,000 °K
- independent colour and gobo wheels
- 8 dichroic colours
- better saturated colours
- 22 gobos, 8 rotating and 14 static
- exchangeable rotating gobos
- size gobo: 14mm od/8mm id
- DMX controls via 16 DMX channels
- DMX connectors: 3-pin or 5-pin XLR
- 3-faceted rotating prism
- motorised iris
- variable frost filter (hybrid technology: spot / wash)
- beam angle: 17°
- motorised focus
- shutter/strobe with variable speed
- mechanical dimmer: 0 - 100%
- pan/tilt: 540° (630° optional) / 265°
- maximum power consumption: 305 W
- half the size of the 575W moving head
- estimated life span bulb: 2,000 burning hours
- dimensions: 360 x 340 x 450 mm
- weight: 12.9 kg