PageFlip Cicada page turner
Nowadays, with more and more people reading music digitally, it's a wonder anyone is turning pages manually at all. That's where PageFlip Cicada comes in - a modestly-priced wireless foot switch that turns pages in various sheet music software and apps on a PC, Mac, Linux computer or Android/iOS tablet with Bluetooth. This enables musicians to fully concentrate on making music. People with a physical impairment are sure to find the Cicada a handy tool as well. You can also connect your own switches to the mini jack inputs.
Cicada: connecting and turning pages
Connect to the Cicada using any laptop, computer or tablet that supports Bluetooth 3.0. Leaf through the pages of your sheet music or any other documents - from PDFs to music readers to web sites and PowerPoint presentations - by means of two pedals. (See comments below for an overview of compatible Android/iOS apps.) Select the desired mode via the pedal and page through as you normally would using, for example, page up/down keys, or a simulated left/right cursor key on your keyboard, up/down, left/right mouse click or space/enter.
Repeat, pairing and power
One of Cicada's handy functions is Repeat. Hold the right pedal down until PageFlip begins to turn pages automatically, so you can reach the page you need faster. When you have a performance, activate Repeat, which prevents you from accidentally turning two pages. Speaking of performances, thanks to the Bluetooth pairing process, more than one musician can use the PageFlip at the same time. The pedal is powered by two AA batteries (not included), or by a USB cable that connects via a USB port or power adapter.
Tips or comments about this product
- Please note: The Cicada only functions wirelessly (the USB cable is used only as a power supply). The PageFlip Firefly does function with cable.
- Compatible Android apps: MobileSheets, MusicNotes, SongBook, Fakebook, Lyrics Flipper+, Moon+ Reader, EBookDroid, Cool Reader, ezPDF Reader and any other key stroke-compatible apps
- Compatible iPad apps: forScore, unrealBook, Deepdish GigBook, DrumSetlist Manager, Hymnals, iCue, iGigBook, iReal b, Loopy, Loopy HD, MuseScore Sheet Music Viewer, Music Binder, MusicReader, MusicPodium, My Lyric Book, NextPage, NextSong, OnSong, PiaScore HD, Play On Cue, Pocket Jamz Guitar Tabs, Pocket Jamz Piano Notes, PrompterPal, SampleWiz, Avid Scorch, Scorio Music Case, SeeScore, Finale SongBook, Sheet Music Direct, Scorecerer, Set List Maker, Setlists, Steinway Etude, TheGigEasy, Virtual Sheet Music, Teleprompt+, and Planning Center Online. (More apps may have been developed since the publication of this list.)
Gewicht en afmetingen inclusief verpakking
- Weight (incl. packaging) 700 gr
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 20.0 x 20.0 x 5.0 cm
- wireless page turner
- connection: Bluetooth 3.0
- works with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux
- compatible with all software that reacts to key strokes (pageup/down)
- applications include: among other things, PDFs, Word, Powerpoint, web sites, music reader software
- suitable for a wide variety of Android and iPad apps (see comments)
- pedal modes: page up/down, left/right, up/down, left/right (mouse), space/enter
- repeat function (switchable)
- sleep mode after 10 minutes of inactivity
- 2 x mini jack inputs for external switches
- USB: power supply from USB port or iPad/iPhone USB power adapter
- power supply: 2 x AA batteries (not included) or USB cable (included)
- battery life: 200 hours continuous (about 200,000 pages turns)
- including: USB cable, Quick Start manual
- dimensions: 170 x 117 x 33 mm
- weight: 135 g