Briteq DMS-26 DMX merger splitter
Once you get locked into a serious DMX collection, the trick is to keep it functioning properly - even in spite of troubles with light mixers or jamming computer programs. This merger slash splitter ensures a signal distribution or blending.
It features two inputs and six outputs, allowing for optimal versatility when connecting a full-fledged installation that is spread out over several halls or areas. The six outputs are all insulated so a malfunction can only affect a single signal.
Additionally, the splitter allows for several input options. There are three different modes: HTP, Backup and Merger.
HTP makes sure that the most powerful signal finds its way to your fixtures - so if mixer A sends out 200 to DMX channel 1 and mixer B sends out 150, mixer A's signal finds its way to your lights.
Backup ensures that there's always an alternative should the primary mixer fail for some reason - should mixer A drop dead on its own accord, the signal of mixer B will find its way to your fixtures seamlessly.
Merger, lastly, combines the signals of both mixers - you can determine the starting address of the second console, sending the signals of both mixers via the same DMX channel.
So what if the output signals fail? You are protected against this by three special modes of the DMS-26.
- Null, which cuts the feed to the output.
- Hold, which holds the last DMX signal (making the light effects do what they did last continuously)
- Clear, which sets all DMX values to 0.
The DMS-26 protects your light installation against malfunctions of even the strangest kind. Keep your audience out of the dark with the DMS-26!
Weight and dimensions including packaging
- Weight (incl. packaging) 2.9 kg
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 54.0 x 24.0 x 14.0 cm
- both a DMX merger and a DMX splitter
- 2 inputs, 6 outputs
- inputs and outputs as 3 and 5-pin XLR
- 100% electric insulation, one output failure will not affect the other outputs
- merger for the inputs, settings for HTP, Backup or Merger
- splitter for the outputs with protection, settings for Null, Hold and Clear
- perfect for large installations or expansive setups
- easy-to-control display with 4 buttons
- 19-inch installation
- DMX speed is adjustable between 23ms and 45ms, a practical feature if you want to connect slow fixtures to a fast signal
- mains voltage: 230V AC, 50 Hz
- dimensions: 482 x 44 x 150 mm
- weight: 2.9 kg