Sony Acid Pro 7 software for audio editing (download)
As a musician, chances are you occasionally need to mix music and/or sounds. Sony has made this process quite simple with Acid Pro 7, a multi-track editor with potential. Acid Pro 7 offers an unlimited number of audio tracks, which means it can handle projects of any size. Thanks to the inclusion of a video track, you can even mix/edit music to go with your visuals - in 5.1 surround, if you like.
New in Acid Pro 7
Sony's Acid Pro 7 offers a number of interesting new features. Among the highlights is an audio and MIDI mixing console with the necessary meters. It's possible to connect an external controller that supports channel tracking, so you can do most of your mixing and editing without using a computer mouse. The new élastique Pro plug-in allows for easy but excellent time-stretching and pitch-shifting. Add the new tempo curves, and you've got total control over your music and musical loops. To seal the deal, Sony has included more than 3,000 loops - spanning a varied range of music genres - that enable you to create your own music.
In 1998, former software developer Sonic Foundry made an impressive move. They introduced Acid, a software package that quickly became popular among producers, DJs and composers. Acid proved that it was possible to create music using loops in an easy, accessible way. The software allowed for loops of any given length, automatically applying time-stretching without any noticeable loss in audio quality.
Tips or comments about this product
- The operating speed and ease of this software is dependent on the speed and size of your PC.
- Please note: this product is supplied as a digital download. Instead of a physical package, you'll receive a download code.
- This product is a download. After completing your purchase, you'll receive a packing slip via e-mail which includes the download code and download link.
- It can sometimes take a little while for the packing slip to reach you. Please make sure to check your spam or junk folder.
- Download products sent by e-mail cannot be returned.
- Physical or download code per email
- Suitable for operating system Microsoft Windows
- Plug-in format VST
- Registration method E-licenser (dongle)
- ReWire yes
Weight and dimensions including packaging
- Weight (incl. packaging) 500 gr
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 cm
- multi-track audio editor
- quick and easy operation
- suitable for beginners and advanced users
- external control surface channel tracking
- interactive tutorials
- audio/MIDI mixing console and meters
- input buses
- real-time rendering
- cross-track event drag ’n drop
- elaborate time-stretching and pitch-shifting with élastique Pro
- metronome count-off
- supports dual-core/multi-core processors
- MIDI track freeze
- supports FLAC, AAC, AC-3-Studio and MPEG-2 formats
- unlimited number of audio tracks
- audio quality: 24 bits, 192 kHz, 5.1 surround
- video track
- time and tempo signature
- imports Flash (.swf) format
- full MIDI editing support
- track folders, for grouping separate drum tracks under 'drums', for example
- beat mapping
- volume and pan envelopes
- tempo and key mapping
- VST and DirectX plug-in support
- audio effects included
- supports ASIO drivers
- supports various popular audio and video formats
- can be installed on 2 computers, and used on one at a time
Included DirectX effects:
- compression, pitch shift, chorus, delay/echo, noise gate, multi-band dynamics
- graphic dynamics, parametric EQ, paragraphic EQ, graphic EQ, amplitude modulation
- flange/wah-wah/phase, smooth/enhance, gapper/snipper, vibrato distortion, track EQ
- resonance filter
- Windows Vista (32/64-bit), Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
- processor: 1 GHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended for HDV)
- free disk space: 200 MB, 600 MB for optional Sony Sound Series loops and samples
- system memory: 1 GB
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
- QuickTime 7.1.6 or newer
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive for installation from DVD)
- Internet connection for product registration and Gracenote album identification