M-Audio Super DAC audio converter digital/analogue
If you're a music fan who's invested a lot of money in a quality sound system, then it's likely that you're disappointed whenever you listen to music that comes via an analogue signal from your computer. That's not surprising considering the standard computer has a sound card with an average-quality digital to analogue converter. Unfortunately, Bluetooth isn't exactly a true audiophile's best friend either! Thankfully, there's M-Audio's Super DAC; a USB digital to analogue converter that delivers great-quality sound.
Super DAC: connections
The Super DAC has a USB connector so that you can connect it to your computer or laptop. Once you've done that, you need to set it up as the audio playback device in the operating system of your Windows or Mac. From now on, whenever you play music from your computer, the digital signal will be converted to analogue using the Super DAC for optimal sound quality. There are RCA outputs, jack and mini-jack headphone sockets and even digital coaxial and optical outputs so that you can connect the Super DAC to whatever you like.
The Super DAC features top-quality Wolfson converters, including one on the stereo mini-jack input. That means you can send an analogue signal from a device like a smartphone directly to one of the Super DAC's analogue outputs. On the front of the interface, there are switches for letting you choose between an analogue or a digital input and a headphone or other output. With the controls on top, you can adjust the volume as well as the current sample rate of your computer. The Super DAC is powered via USB, but an optional wall adapter can also be used.
Tips or comments about this product
- Please note: the analogue input only goes to the analogue outputs of the Super DAC, not the digital outputs.
Weight and dimensions including packaging
- Weight (incl. packaging) 400 gr
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 20.0 x 14.0 x 6.0 cm
- digital to analogue converter
- suitable for: audio via USB from a computer (PC or Mac)
- 24-bit/192 kHz conversion via USB 2.0 connection
- Wolfson DACs
- high-quality headphone amplifier
- stereo mini-jack (analogue)
- headphone: stereo jack and stereo mini jack
- RCA L/R
- optical (Toslink)
- output: headphones / other
- source: analogue/digital
- sample rate (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz)
- power supply: via USB port or optional power adapter (12V, centre-positive)
- included: USB cable, RCA cable