Roli Seaboard Rise 25
With the introduction of the Seaboard Rise USB keyboard, Roli wrote music history. Unlikely though it may seem, this device resembles a hybrid between a piano and a violin. The Seaboard features keys that can be played like a piano, keyboard or synthesizer, but it's also possible to control the instrument by sliding your hands across the keyboard, as if you're operating a large ribbon controller. Horizontal glides, for instance, create an astonishing portamento effect, while vertical slides control factors like loudness. Remarkable as it sounds, this keyboard offers the same expressive possibilities as a violin.
Characteristics of the Roli Seaboard Rise
The Rise offers 25 keywaves, as Roli calls them. The internal contact strips are covered by a silicone layer, which indeed makes them look like waves. Of course these keys feature both velocity sensitivity and aftertouch, characteristics Roli calls Strike and Press respectively. Lift is another interesting parameter, which refers to the speed at which a pressed key is released. We've already mentioned the horizontal Glides and the vertical Slides. Together, all of these parameters provide you with plenty of ways of expressing yourself musically - more than any other master keyboard possibly could.
If you know a thing or two about sound synthesis and MIDI controllers, no doubt you'll wonder how - and whether - all of this actually works. The answer to that is Equator, the software that comes with the Seaboard. With this comprehensive virtual synthesizer, you're able to use the Rise's expressive options to their full extent. The software differs from standard virtual instruments - the Seaboard isn't a standard sort of instrument, after all - and offers wavetable oscillators, sample playback and FM synthesis, complemented by two LFOs, extensive routing and elaborate filters (including comb filters). That's a pretty impressive package, to say the least, but the instrument's true power lies in its performance. Instead of reading about it, you should really experience the sound and feel of the Roli Seaboard Rise for yourself. It's like nothing you've heard or felt before!
Tips or comments about this product
- Please note: Equator software was specifically developed for the Seaboard, and supports its unique means of expression. Combine the Seaboard with other software, and it functions as a regular USB/MIDI keyboard, without these expressive possibilities.
- Number of pads O
- Number of keys 25
- Aftertouch yes, polyphonic
- Deals for keyboardists, producers
- Functions ribbon controller
- Included DAW software Tracktion
- MIDI & CV/gate MIDI over USB
- Software included yes, download
- Type of keys touchpad
- Equipped with display no
Weight and dimensions including packaging
- Weight (incl. packaging) 4.2 kg
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 64.0 x 33.0 x 8.0 cm
- Roli Seaboard Rise
- USB keyboard
- innovative concept
- convincing sound and performance
- keys: 25
- keys in the form of touch strips with a silicone rubber layer
- performance techniques:
- glide: use the keyboard as a ribbon strip (horizontal)
- slide: vertical ribbon strip per key (great tool for crescendos, etc.)
- strike: velocity sensitivity
- lift: speed at which a key is released
- press: aftertouch
- two playing modes
- MIDI mode: touch faders and XY pad function as MIDI controllers
- Expression mode: touch faders determine sensitivity to pitch correction, slide and pressure
- Roli virtual 'multi-dimensional' synthesizer that uses the expressive means of the keyboard to its full extent
- compatible with DAW software
- for OS X 10.8+ and Windows 7+
- required memory: 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
- required CPU: Intel Core i7 2.5 GHz+
- can also function as a regular USB/MIDI controller
- can also be powered by a battery (11-12 hours)
- sustain pedal or expression pedal input
- supports MIDI via Bluetooth (Mac OS X 10.10 with Bluetooth LE chip)
- supports iPad with MIDI via Bluetooth or iOS 8+
- latency Bluetooth MIDI: 30 ms
- durable EEP (expanded polypropylene) case included
- dimensions: 505 x 210 x 22.9 mm
- weight: 2.8 kg
Bax-shop has added another brand to its ever increasing product range: Roli. And quite a brand it is - with their latest innovations, they are certainly making music history. The Seaboard Rise and the Seaboard Grand Stage are both revolutionary products that are incredibly fun to play.Read more...
Now, for a limited time only, when you buy a brand-new unregistered ROLI Seaboard RISE 25 or Seaboard RISE 49 USB keyboard, you'll get £75 and £150 back, respectively. This offer is only valid from 25th October to 24th December of this year, so act fast!Read more...
Roli has become a well-established name since bringing their amazingly-innovative Seaboard to the market a few years ago. That seems like as good a reason as any to introduce a special offer!Read more...