Magic FX Bubblbastard bubble and smoke machine
The Bubblbastard is a very unique effect. It combines the best of a smoke machine with the latest in bubble-blowing technology and features spectacular light effects as well. The result is a swarm of illuminated smoke-filled bubbles gently floating over your audience. When the unit is activated, its special squeegee blades are provided with a thin layer of bubble fluid. Then, internal fans blow mist into the bubbles, filling them with what looks like smoke. Once the bubbles leave the machine, another set of fans blow them into the air above the audience.
How the Bubblbastard works
The Bubblbastard is not only a remarkable device, it's also built into a flight case. MagicFX took into consideration how the machine itself functions as well as how the fluids are stored, so that it's easy to set up and moved around if need be. You can store your jerrycans in the storage section of the unit. The integrated smoke machine is a reliable Look Solutions device that guarantees proper functioning each and every time you use it. You can operate the Bubblbastard manually with the help of the OLED configuration screen, or by DMX. With an impressive ability to produce 9,000 bubbles per minute, this effect is the cream of the crop when it comes to large-scale bubble-generation.
Connectors, power, consumables
The Bubblbastard uses 1200 watts at full capacity, which is pretty efficient for a machine of this size. Use the 5-pin Neutrik XLR connectors to establish a DMX connection and the Neutrik PowerCON True1 to plug into to the mains. The Bubblbastard uses Bubble and Smoke fluid by MagicFX. Control the Bubblbastard using 4 separately operable and programmable DMX channels: the safety channel, the bubbles, the smoke, and the fans. After use, this unit can be transported relatively easily thanks to its 4 castor wheels including brake.
Tips or comments about this product
- Please note: fluids not included.
This product comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Weight (incl. packaging) 70.0 kg
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 95.0 x 85.0 x 65.0 cm
- advanced bubble-maker with built-in smoke machine
- creates smoke-filled bubbles
- blows bubbles into the air by means of powerful fans
- unique bubble-making system with squeegees
- works with MagicFX Smoke and Bubble fluid
- built-in Look Solutions smoke machine
- fully integrated into a flight case
- smoke-filled bubbles can be illuminated with LED lighting
- jerrycan storage section in housing
- multifunctional OLED configuration display
- warning LED light indicators
- DMX or manual operation
- DMX control via 4 channels (safety, bubbles, smoke, fans)
- adjustable projection fan speed
- control 5 or 10 bubble heads (50% / 100% bubbles)
- DMX connector via 5-pin Neutrik XLR connectors
- flight case housing
- 4 casteors with breaks (blue wheels)
- power consumption: 1600 W
- power consumption: 230 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- power connector: Neutrik PowerCON True1
- dimensions: 800 x 600 x 900 mm
- weight: 65 kg
The magic of MagicFX is that the brand knows how to surprise year in, year out, with a range of innovative, high-quality products. This year at the Prolight + Sound show, the well-known Dutch company has pulled a few tricks out of its hat once again. One particularly remarkable trick is the Bubblbastard: a fascinating combination of a bubble-maker and smoke machine. And how about the Confetti Pistol, the super-fast PsyCO2JET and the amazingly powerful Stadium Blaster?Read more...