Propellerhead Reason 8.3 production software
Using Propellerhead's Reason, you're able to quickly and intuitively create high-quality tracks. Thanks to its quick workflow and well-organised layout, the software sequencer is quite popular among musicians. As there's no need to navigate endless menu structures, you're able to focus on what you do best - making music. This eighth edition of the software boasts a completely new look that allows for an even quicker, smoother workflow, making Propellerhead Reason 8 not only suitable for advanced producers, but a great tool for beginners as well.
Reason 8: the rack
Reason 8 allows you to create fresh, paradigm-breaking sounds and arrangements by means of two basic windows, a virtual mix environment and a virtual 19-inch rack. Many features - like audio recording, enhanced mix tools and support for external MIDI gear - have been added to the rack over the years. Meanwhile, Reason 8's new browser gives you direct access to all your sounds, loops and patches. Drag them to any desired spot in your rack, and you're able to instantly use them in your tracks. For this eighth version of the Propellerhead software, the number of available sounds and instruments has been expanded.
With Reason, it's possible to slice up audio recordings into single hits or notes, so adjusting the timing of a single note or an entire track is easy. Audio tracks are easily converted to the REX format, which means you can use your recordings again and again in Reason 8's samplers, looper and Kong Drum Designer.
Tips or comments about this product
- Please note: Despite what it says on the box, this is actually version 8.3.
- If you buy Reason 8.3 from May 1st 2016 until June 20th 2016, you'll get a free upgrade to Reason 9.
Weight and dimensions including packaging
- Weight (incl. packaging) 100 gr
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 20.0 x 15.0 x 7.0 cm
- music production software
- quick, well-organised and user-friendly interface
- quick browser for direct access to all your sounds, loops and patches
- new, modern look
- documentation language: English
- software language: English, French, German and Japanese
- suitable for both audio and MIDI recording
- unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
- auto slicing
- 64-bit mixing capacity
- SSL 9000K EQ and compression on each channel
- buses per channel
- parallel channels
- includes a variety of effects and instruments
- large sample, preset and loop library
- supports third-party rack instruments and effects
- integrated effects
- Blocks mode for super-fast arranging
- audio editor
- compatible with all ReFills
- basic Sound Canvas/Proteus tone generator
- compatible with Mac and PC