Behringer ULM100USB wireless USB handheld microphone
Is it strange if we say that Behringer is revolutionary? It's one of the first brands to combine wireless microphone technology with USB with a direct plug-and-play interface. Behringer has set the bar quite high when it comes to innovation, and you can see that in the ULM100USB system. The advantage of this system is that it is fully digital, making microphone malfunctions and poor frequencies a thing of the past.
Unique USB functions of the ULM100USB system
Ok, so, it's possible to connect a wireless handheld microphone directly to a laptop or computer. What's so special about that? Well, it's special because Behringer's new PA mixers and speakers have been designed so you can easily plug in the USB dongle! This innovative technology is unique, as it makes the use of separate, relatively large microphone receivers obsolete. This is because the D/A converter is in the device itself and the USB dongle is separate. The result is a system that is unbelievably compact!
Batteries and buttons, oh my!
The microphone is equipped with two buttons that allow you to adjust the sound from on stage (or the location of the recording). We all know how annoying it is to have to walk back and forth between the mic stand and the PA mixer, but now you don't have to anymore! Just press the button, and that's it! Another situation you might be familiar with is that awful feedback sound when you get too close to the speakers with your microphone. Behringer's got a panic button for that. Just long-press the 'volume down' button, and the microphone is muted automatically. Finally, the microphone works on two AA batteries, which deliver up to 8 hours of singing pleasure. The small USB dongle is powered by the device it is attached to.
- Battery type AA
- Battery life (approx.) 8 hours
- Frequency band 2.4 GHz
- Channel 2.4 GHz
- Maximum SPL not specified
- Maximum frequency not specified
- Minimum frequency not specified
- Polar pattern not specified
- Type of frequency band 2.4 GHz
- Transmission power 50 mW
Weight and dimensions including packaging
- Weight (incl. packaging) 500 gr
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 33.0 x 10.0 x 6.0 cm
- unique wireless USB handheld microphone
- delivered in a set with a handheld microphone with a separate USB dongle
- works on the 2.4 GHz band, fully digital, without delays
- microphone capsule suited for vocal applications
- automatic connection between transmitter and receiver for simple setup
- volume up/down buttons on the microphone
- panic mode activated by long-pressing the volume down button
- analogue/USB digital mode with automatic recognition
- connects to laptop or computer
- connects to ULM-USB-supported mixers
- low battery status indicator
- dongle powered by USB
- microphone powered via 2x AA batteries (not included)
- battery life: up to 8 hours