Rode S1 condenser microphone
Rode’s S1 is specifically designed for live recordings, but has also found its way to the studio where artists who enjoy handheld microphones can use it.
The S1 has a high-pass filter that keeps ambient noises out of a recording. Its super-cardioid pickup pattern also ensures that noise and feedback are eliminated.
The brass head of the S1 filters breathing, wind and ambient noises without interfering with the frequency range. A durable housing makes the unit ideal for heavy-duty on-stage applications. The S1 is electronically balanced to prevent signal loss when a long cable is used.
Tips or comments about this product
- Click here to listen to the sound of this microphone in the Rode Sound booth.
- Please note: it is usual with Rode microphones that one of the XLR pins (the grounding) extends a little bit further than the others.
- Microphone sensitivity (dBV/PA) -46
- Microphone weight 300-349 grams
- Microphone impedance 50-99 ohms
- Includes cable no
- Includes microphone clip yes
- Low-cut filter no
- Maximum SPL 150 dB - 159 dB
- Maximum frequency 20 - 20.9 kHz
- Minimum frequency 20 - 21 Hz
- Polar pattern super cardioid
Weight and dimensions including packaging
- Weight (incl. packaging) 580 gr
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 13.0 x 27.0 x 5.0 cm
- acoustic principle: pressure gradient
- pickup pattern: super-cardioid
- frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- output impedance: 50 ohms
- signal/noise ratio: 75 dB SPL
- maximum SPL: 151 dB (at 1 kHz, 1% THD in 1 kOhm load)
- sensitivity: -46 dB re 1 volt/pascal (6.3 mV at 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB at 1 kHz
- weight 308 g
- dimensions: 138 x 52 x 52 mm
Rode S1 condenser microphone combination discount 1
- 1 x Rode S1 condenser microphone £228.00
- 1 x Innox IVA 12 heavy microphone stand black £14.65
- 1 x Devine MIC100/5 XLR microphone and signal cable, 5 m £5.60
Rode S1 condenser microphone combination discount 2
- 2 x Rode S1 condenser microphone £456.00