IK Multimedia iRig PRO audio and MIDI interface
The iRig PRO offers you a complete, portable audio solution. This audio and MIDI interface is highly compact and even fits in your pocket. The iRig PRO is the perfect link for anyone who makes music in combination with an iOS device (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad) or a Mac computer. The interface is suited for many applications: due to the switchable phantom power (generated by the accessory 9 Volt battery) you can connect high-grade studio microphones (via XLR), but the iRig PRO also has a Hi-Z jack input that enables you to plug in a guitar.
The iRig PRO has a precise rotary control for gain, which enables you to set the dynamics. That's very practical, as different instruments and voices have different volumes. The built-in preamplifier is of a low-noise design. Or rather, in the words of IK Multimedia, ultra-low noise. It is the only way to fully enjoy transparent recordings in high definition. The 24-bit AD converter adds to the clarity of the recordings. As far a software is concerned, you can get started right away, as the iRig PRO is supplied with (among others) Amplitube and SampleTank.
IK Multimedia iRig PRO: audio and MIDI
The iRig PRO is also suitable for MIDI applications. It has the same connectivity and control over MIDI signals as the iRig MIDI interface. You could almost call this compact interface the Swiss army knife for modern musicians. Take the iRig PRO with you in your gig bag, pocket or case and you can make recordings whenever you like. Vocals, key parts, guitar or bass guitar lines: you can record them all on the fly. For optimal compatibility, the iRig PRO comes with a Lightning cable. Naturally, a USB cable is also included. Audio and MIDI power in one portable housing: a must-have for any Apple-minded musician.
Tips or comments about this product
- Please note: only the accessories specifically mentioned in the specifications will be included. All other items pictured serve illustrative purposes only.
- A 30-pin to DIN cable (for iOS devices with a 30-pin connector) is sold separately.
- 19 inches no
- Number of analogue input channels 1
- Number of analogue output channels 0
- Number of digital input channels 0
- Number of digital output channels 0
- Computer connectors USB, Lightning
- Digital inputs none
- Digital outputs none
- Suitable for operating system Apple OSX / Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, iOS
- Headphone output no
- Input(s) with Hi-Z yes
- Maximum sample rate 96 kHz
- Microphone input 1
- MIDI I/O in
- MIDI I/O (din connector) MIDI in
Weight and dimensions including packaging
- Weight (incl. packaging) 50 gr
- Dimensions (incl. packaging) 16.0 x 20.0 x 6.0 cm
- universal digital audio and MIDI interface
- for use in combination with iOS and Mac OS X
- multifunctional: can be used for guitar, bass guitar, keys, vocals, etc.
- compact and lightweight
- AD conversion: 24-bit
- sample frequency: 44.1/48 kHz
- microphone input: XLR, balanced
- instrument input: TS jack, unbalanced
- frequency response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- total harmonic distortion: 0.01%
- gain control (range: 47 dB)
- 48 Volt phantom power (9V battery required)
- for use with iOS, version 5.1 or higher is required
- included: Lightning cable, USB cable, 2.5 mm jack-MIDI cable, 9 Volt battery
- dimensions: 32 x 105 x 21 mm
- weight: 40 g
- Mac: AmpliTube Metal, T-RackS CS Classic mastering suite, SampleTank XT sound workstation
- iOS: AmpliTube FREE for iOS, SampleTank FREE, iGrand Piano FREE
- iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 4s
- iPod Touch 5th and 4th generation
- iPad 4, 3, 2, 1
- iPad mini
- Mac computers: OS X 10.5 or higher
If you've been keeping an eye on IK Multimedia lately, you've probably already caught on which direction the company is moving in: universal applicability. Their MIDI keyboards, for instance, are not only compatible with Windows and Mac any more, but can now also be used with iOS and Android devices. The same can be said for IK Multimedia's latest audio interface: the iRig Pro DUO. That's right, this clever new device isn't just remarkably compact, it's extremely versatile too!Read more...